Hershey’s “perfectly chocolate” Chocolate Cake with 5 ingredient chocolate frosting is our favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe! Extra moist, with a perfect rich chocolate flavor and tender, smooth crumb.
I use this recipe for my chocolate cakes & cupcakes. They turned out incredibly delicious!
I was pleasantly surprised when I figured this out because I loved this chocolate cake and was bummed that I wasn’t able to memorize the recipe.
I made this for my son’s birthday and everyone loved it. Even my oh so picky mother-in-law had some, minus the frosting(which made it like an extra fabulous chocolate muffin)!
- For the Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bakìng powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bakìng soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermìlk
- 1/2 cup oìl (vegetable or canola oìl)
- 2 teaspoons vanìlla extract
- 1 cup boìlìng water
- For the Chocolate Frostìng
- 1/2 cup butter (*see note)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup mìlk
- 1 teaspoon vanìlla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9-ìnch round bakìng pans.
- Stìr together sugar, flour, cocoa, bakìng powder, bakìng soda and salt ìn large bowl.
- Add eggs, mìlk, oìl and vanìlla…
Complete Instructions and recipe notes at tastesbetterfromscratch.com